Published: May 1, 2024

Zo Turner CollageZo Turner's advice for other students is to stay curious: the more you ask questions and embrace a sense of childlike wonder, the more rewarding and expansive this program will become. She'll be graduating with a dual-degree in product design and creative technology & design. 

Zo TurnerWhere are you from? 
Breckenridge, CO 

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD. 
Treasure of iDSA, social media coordinator for AIAS my sophomore and junior year, fabrication labs assistant at the CLC and at BTU for ATLAS. 

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school? 
I was initially drawn to ENVD for its architecture program, but I chose to stay for the product design emphasis. The amazing professors and creative projects in this area provided me with opportunities to delve into the more intricate details of design 

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life? 
Design is fundamentally a mindset—it's about approaching the world with curiosity over fear. My experiences in ENVD and EPOD have underscored the value of maintaining curiosity and always asking "why?" Thanks to a foundation in creative thinking, I am equipped with the necessary skills to tackle not only design challenges but also real-world problems. 

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students? 
Stay curious! The more you ask questions and embrace a sense of childlike wonder, the more rewarding and expansive this program will become. Also, remember that you are capable of achieving anything you set your mind to. With dedication and consistency, your efforts will yield substantial rewards. 

Describe one of your favorite memories. 
In EPOD 3100, you'll work with a group for the entire semester to develop a product that is showcased at a holiday market. One of my favorite experiences was collaborating with my group members to brainstorm, create, and finally bring our product to market. There's a strong sense of community in EPOD, and the collective success of our class at the market stands out as one of my most cherished memories 

What does graduating from college represent for you? 
Graduating college symbolizes all the late nights, hard work and dedication that went into countless creative projects. It marks four years of significant personal and educational growth. Graduating also reaffirms that hard work truly pays off. I am immensely grateful for the ENVD community and the friendships I've formed along the way 

What are your plans beyond graduation? 
After college, I plan to return to Breckenridge, my charming hometown. This summer, I'll be working to save up to go backpack through Europe. In August, I'll embark on a backpacking trip for a few months. Upon my return, I will begin my career as an associate interior designer at Collective Designs, working for the Pinnacle Companies in Summit County.